Sunday, August 29, 2010

Update for another week

Well things were going great. My right arm had its normal pain that I've grown used to. We had been doing the stretches and strength exercises for my lower back for a couple weeks. Well, Friday we just wanted to get me sat up on the edge of the bed. Well, we made it there but after about 30 seconds something popped in my lower back and all of my lower back muscles cramped up and instantaneous pain. 1-10 scale, an absolute 15. I have never felt anything like that. It took the nurse, my father and myself about 10 minutes to reposition me in bed with the pain still there at about an 8 the whole time. The rest of the day was spent laying completely flat hoping for no repeats.

The worst part; I felt absolutely confident that just sitting up would be no problem. My back felt great, everything felt like it was up to the task.

So for now, I will spend at least every day working my legs and hoping we don't have to use an ambulance ride to make it to Iowa City for my Sept 14th appointments. Praying multiple times throughout the day and basically just talking to Him as I go throughout my day, that is what happens all day.

I want to thank all of you that have prayed for my recovery... all of you that have visited me multiple times... all of you that have written wonderful notes. To a wonderful girlfriend. To a magnificent family.

4 comments:

  1. You're are going to get this. Let the meds do their work. It will take time but your musles will come back. Millions of people care and are trying find cures find cures. www.worldcommunitygrid.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, your fortitude and sheer will continue to amaze and inspire me. I will continue to pray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris -

    Just a quick note to say I'm thinking of you. I have a hard time wrapping my mind around what you must be going through, but you are in my prayers. Thank you for the updates! Can't wait to see you HEALTHY!

    Sam Meier

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stay Strong brother! Thinking and praying every day

    ReplyDelete