Sunday, April 11, 2010

Chemo - Day 4

Well, it's Sunday morning, day 4 on the clinical trial. To be clinically accurate; Cycle 1, Day 4 (Cycles are 28 days). So far everything is going very well. The pills make me a little nauseous but I'm told that will probably go away when my body adjusts a little. Also, once I get to cycle 2 day: day 15 (May 20th) I'll be able to eat small meals when I take the pills, so that will be a very good day. For now, no eating 2 hours prior and 2 hours after taking the pills. I haven't been told nor have I asked when we will know "if this is working". I have my schedule for Boston through August. I'll be back there fairly often for blood work (mainly to make sure this stuff isn't hurting my liver and to make sure I'm soaking it all up), but the next time I'm scheduled for any kind of a scan is June 2. On that date I'm scheduled for another CT scan of my torso.

Most of my Boston trips will require flying out the day before the appointment and returning the day after.
CRC = Cancer Research Center
Dr. B = Dr. Butrynski (My main Dr. in Boston)

For now this is what the Boston schedule looks like:
April 22 = CRC and Dr. B.
May 6 = CRC, 2nd Biopsy, Dr. B, back to the CRC
May 20 = CRC and Dr. B.
June 2-3
June 2 = CT scan
June 3 = CRC and Dr. B.
July 1 = CRC and Dr. B.
July 28-29
July 28 = CT Scan
July 29 = CRC and Dr. B.
August 26 = Dr. B.

Next Step:
April 22nd all day visit to Boston.

Thanks again to all of you for the prayers and support throughout all of this and in particular, when I was in Boston for the first treatment. It may get old, but each entry will end with a Thank You to all of you.

2 comments:

  1. So grateful to God that things are progressing well. It was awesome seeing you today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, this is Tony,
    If you need "any" help financially for the flights to Boston and/or hotel costs, or anything else, please let Tami or I know. We will do everything possible to assist you in this phase of your recovery.
    Love, Tony & Tami

    ReplyDelete