Thursday, April 1, 2010

Schedule of First Treatment

I received 2 phone calls yesterday from Dana-Farber in Boston, each with some great news.

Call #1:
Insurance will be covering this Phase 1 clinical trial.

Call #2:
This call was from Kristen (The RN that will be handling most of the scheduling when it comes to the clinical trial).
My week will begin on Tuesday and end with a short appointment on Friday. I will receive the actual 'treatment' on Thursday.

Tues afternoon = Talk to the doc - sign the consent forms.
Wed morning = Lab work, CT scan, EKG
Thursday = More lab work and a biopsy in the morning, followed by a minimum of 8 hours in the Cancer Research Center (CRC) to receive the actual treatment and monitor me.
Friday morning = follow up appointment

Next Step:
Plane ticket will be booked today and I'll be in Boston before I know it.

2 comments:

  1. The journey begins!! Rock on!! Trust that the new medicine was placed on this earth for YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris - keep up the good fight. I am thinking about you and wishing you the very best. Kathy

    ReplyDelete