Saturday, May 15, 2010

How I'm getting along

Well, I've been home for a couple of days now. I pretty much have the medication schedule down. It's quite the schedule but it's necessary. The only real downside is that I can't drive anymore. Large doses of narcotics and driving don't mix. That's been the biggest bummer for me, cars and driving were my favorite things. So it looks like when it comes to the camaro, washing it will be all I'll be able to do... for awhile.

So far, my left leg remains really swollen, all the way up into my hip. Why it's retaining so much fluid, no one knows. I'm on a 'water pill' that's supposed to help, but it doesn't really make get rid of too much fluid. My chest hurts all the time, but not anymore than I would expect. The morphine and dilaudid do an ok job of keeping it from being intolerable.

I plan on returning to work on Monday.

Ashley gets into town on Wednesday. Hopefully I can take vacation from noon on Wednesday through the rest of the week to spend time with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment