Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Summary of my time in the Boston Hospital

SHORT VERSION:

Arrival on Thursday, May 6th:
Couldn't walk.
Pain was at an all time high.
Looked and felt miserable.

Discharged on Tuesday, May 11th:
Can now walk - feet are swollen like I'm 80 yrs old.
On enough pain medicine that I don't feel much.
Look and feel better. (Well I look as good as I always did)
Big smiles everyone.

To give you an idea of the kind of pain suppression we're talking about when comparing my former medication to what I'm on now, I'll list it for everyone.

Formerly:
Morphine, 15mg, every 4 hrs.

Now:
Morphine, 120mgs, 3 times per day (pain)
Dilaudid (morphine's big brother), 16-24mg, every 2 hours (pain)
Fragmin, self-injection (for the blood clots in my lungs)
Neurontin, 600mg, 3 times per day (for nerve pain in my feet)
Prednisone, varying dose (anti-inflammatory steroid)
Ibuprofen, 600mg every 6 hours (anti-inflammatory)
Omeprazole, 20mg per day (basically Prilosec for acid control)
Colace, 100mg, twice per day (stool softener)
Senna Tablets, 17.2 mg, 3 times per day (stool softener)
Lactulose, 3o milliliters daily (for constipation)
Miralax, 17 mg, twice per day (for constipation)
Ambien, 10mg at bedtime (to help this baby sleep)

2 comments:

  1. God bless you. Thankfully you can now walk...which means getting back to the CRC and then home! I'm praying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Chris, that is lots of pain meds. Very glad to hear it is helping. Hope it keeps the pain at bay.

    ReplyDelete