Friday, June 25, 2010

Overdue Update

I know it has been awhile so I'm going to do my best to keep this informative but short. It's very hard for me to type.

The last time I was admitted to UofI I had complained of a sore right shoulder which was x-rayed. Nothing looked abnormal but no further follow up was done. I was discharged on Tuesday, June 15. I had to come back down for radiation every day. When I came back on the 17th, I saw my radiation doctor and said we had to scan that shoulder some other way because it was way too painful for nothing to be wrong. Also, my lower back and hips began to hurt slightly.

Turns out, my right shoulder has a large tumor which has grown into the bone and there were tumors on my lower spine and hips... all of which would also need radiation. Additional, very painful tumors have begun near my original tumor sight in my left heel. All of these new sights are way too much to just keep radiating.

Anyway, radiation is done. I will no longer be going to Boston. I will be taking a different oral chemotherapy once a day called Sutent. This is something I can get locally. No more running all over the country. Hopefully this Sutent will be the stuff to knock this thing out. I am currently still admitted to UofI as we monitor how I handle switching from Dilaudid to Methadone and how I handle the Sutent.


I know this is a pretty compact version of what has happened but I simply didn't have it in me to update over the past few weeks.

THANK YOU EVERYONE... I cannot list you all. You know who you are.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Chris: Mary and I got on the computer this morning (Sunday) and read your latest blog> We are both so sorry that the news could not have been better.We both think of you everyday,and you are in our thoughts and prayers! Take care,Love you Jeff&Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, we are all praying for you! Just yell if you need anything - you know how to find me. dj

    ReplyDelete