Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Battle Gets Tougher

Yesterday, June 30th, I had a CT scan done of my entire torso for a baseline of where the cancer is as I start the new drug, Sutent. Well, we received some unsettling news; the cancer has spread significantly.

This type if cancer spreads through the lymph system and seems to have found its way into nearly all the lymph nodes in my groin and torso. Luckily, no cancer in any organs or my lungs yet.

Today I will be getting an MRI of my brain to make sure the cancer hasn't spread there yet. If it has, that's really bad news. But I'm sure it hasn't. I should know the results late tonight or by noon tomorrow.

As far as updating this blog, I will try and update it as often as I can. With the new tumor in my right arm, it's become very hard to use that arm. I have to move it around with my left arm. It's a big pain in the butt.

I really have to ask for everyones' help. This is tough for me to ask but please pray for me. This new information about the advancement of my cancer has me very focused on my health and how serious this has become. Please, please pray for me as much as you are able. It's all I can ask. THANK YOU ALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment