Monday, July 5, 2010

Back from the ICU

I was only in the ICU for about 24hrs. The regular oncology floor cannot administer ketamine through an IV but they can administer ketamine if it's in oral form. So, the ICU got me started on ketamine through an IV, made sure I didn't see strange things, switched me over to the oral version (a horrible tasting liquid that I have to mix with cranberry juice) and sent me back down to the regular oncology floor.

For now, I'm on the oncology floor working on getting the pain under control in hopes of heading home once that happens.

I want to thank everyone for the prayers. The other night I was watching a program on tv in which a young man spoke of his father getting diagnosed with cancer and having tumors the size of grapefruits in his lungs. Yes, grapefruits. Everyone started praying. Between that and what he chose to do medically, miraculously... one month later, not a single trace of tumor could be found anywhere in his body. The doctors were amazed. So please, continue praying.

THANK YOU ALL!

6 comments:

  1. I recently stumbled upon your blog. I'm amazed at your strength. I will continue to follow and will definitely be keeping you in my prayers. YOU are a true inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you so much! I'm so proud of you and thankful to have you in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi chris, i happened across your blog whilst doing some research for my husband who is currently in hospital under going the same problem with pain management he is also doing the change to methodone it has taken a week so far. He has clear cell sarcoma the primary sight being his small intestine, our first round of chemo has done nothing we are now waiting to try trabectedin, its a long shot. i will be interested to see how you go with your new drug. hope your pain is controlled and that chemo is successful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chris, the prayers won't stop coming your way! Great seeing you yesterday. dj

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chris, don't know you, but I've seen notes posted from Daria's comments on facebook. Will keep you in prayers for God to give you the strength to get through this and ease the pain you are feeling. Continue to have faith, in both God and yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all!

    Hope, I'm not sure what chemotherapy you're currently receiving but I was advised that traditional chemotherapy doesn't really work for clear cell sarcoma as it targets cells that divide rapidly and clear cell sarcoma is a slow growing tumor generally. If you send me your email address I may be able to send you some additional information on what I have found as well as some of my most useful contacts.

    My email is Chris97899@aol.com

    ReplyDelete